pathophysiology of disease
thurs night stress due to ward presentation on Fri morning
stress-induced sympathetic stimulation
increased stress levels reduces blood flow
to gastrointestinal tract
reduction in blood flow stimulates gastric contractions
heightened gastric contractions at 12am leaves patient
no choice but to cook Maggi
decreased glucose levels leads to chronic usage
of unclean pair of scissors
prolonged stress induces tossing and turning
in bed for the whole night
culminates in nausea and projectile vomiting at
5.30am, Friday morning
sequelae of diarrhoea and vomiting ensues
patient feels like crap and doesn't bother drinking water
dehydration leads to onset of pyrexia
patient still feels like crap, doesn't give a crap and
continues sleeping
pyrexia worsens and patient finally gives in
pops in 2 tablets of paracetamol every 4 hourly
& downs 2L of gas-less 100 Plus
patient feels better by the next morning and manages
to escape the dreaded ward rounds
tell me, who da heck needs Ganong anyway?
i've got it all figured out


4 Comments:
so this blog is like a monthly thing?
weh.. chong kiang (not sure if u remember him) will be coming back from uk. ajak minum. jom.
haha ... I'm juz too phreaking lazy to update la sometimes ...
yeahhh, I've got him on msn ... u want??
I dun mind joining u guys ... if I'm in KL tat time la
hey man.. the new year's eve thing at bangkok jazz.. u should come. bring friends.
happy new year to u too man.. have a good one.
Post a Comment
<< Home