Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005

As usual, another year ends and almost every darn blog comes up with a year-end post bout how good things have been and how much better it'll get in the following year ...

This post should sound similar ... well, almost ...



In 1 word ... 2005 has generally been ... "shit"

New place
New environment
New lecturers

Not everything starts off with a bang though. First half of the year felt as though you're this young plant trying to find its way through a whole lot of sap-sucking weeds who don't juz suck the sap outta you, but burn you down and mix your ashes with salt-water before gulping it down and then vomiting it back out.
(breathe in ... breathe out ... another deep breathe)
Being confused was a daily affair. You're weird if you're not confused. Only God knows why that man looks like he was spray-painted yellow or why that lady's fingers looks like alien fingers or why that damn baby's crying the whole day.
Never in my life have I been so traumatized by a lecturer ... and its an understatement.
The horror. The terror. Damn.
Second half of the year seemed more hospitable. Its when the young plant gets out alive to an open grassland where the air is fresher ... with the occasional irritating fly, of course. Life ain't no bed of roses. Even the roses have thorns.
Once in awhile, its good to question your sanity. Are you really normal? Maybe you are hearing voices afterall. Its your brain telling you what a dumbass you've been. Or is that small speck of dust on your shoe irritating the crap outta you? That's when you learn to shut your mouth (or ass in some ppl) and keep those comments to yourself.
But when you start seeing babies pop out ... literally, its time to appreciate the amount of crap your mother went through just to get your puny ass out alive.
So, was 2005 fun?
I guess ...
I've been given an education. I've got a new ride. I've managed to keep my sanity ... or whatever's left of it.
And for all these ... I'm thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home